Tyson Fury raises fresh fears over Anthony Joshua fight in devastating blow to boxing fans

Tyson Fury has warned Anthony Joshua there is 'no escaping' eventually stepping in the ring together - even if they have to wait 14 more years.For the first time in over eight years, neither Fury or Joshua currently hold a major heavyweight title.The two British boxers appeared on a collision course to fight for the undisputed title at one stage, until Joshua lost his belts to Usyk.And the Ukrainian then pulled off a shock win over Fury in May this year to take the WBC heavyweight belt from the 'Gypsy King'.Fury and Usyk will fight again in a rematch on December 21, but there is an expectation that 2025 will finally see him and Joshua step into the ring for the first time.The two rivals have regularly taken pops at each other in media and contracts were signed for them to fight each other back in June 2020.That deal ultimately fell through to the frustration of boxing fans all over the world who were left wondering if it would ever happen.Boxing has a habit of waiting too long for its biggest rivals from a generation iconic to step into the ring.Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao were past their peak by the time they finally fought back in 2015 at the ages of 38 and 36 respectively.Fury recently turned 36 years old while Joshua will be 35 later this month with both in the latter stages of their careers.Next year may well be the last chance for the fight to happen before their careers begin to tail off, but Fury has said he's willing to wait until he's 50 years old to fight his long-term rival."Joshua, he knows he's getting it," Fury said."Even if we're 50 years old he's got to fight me. "There's no escaping it, he cannot escape me."Even if we are 50, we're still going to sell out Wembley. "That is a fact, and anybody they can all get it."LATEST SPORT NEWS: Darts star 'left shaking after really stupid' four-word question to Prince William fell on deaf earsEmma Raducanu has 'pride and joy taken away by sponsor' three years after historic US Open winGary Lineker's future causing turmoil at BBC with Match of the Day staff left 'increasingly unsettled'Joshua was knocked out by Daniel Dubois last month in a devastating defeat that left Eddie Hearn contemplating his boxer's final few fights.The promoter said after the fight that Joshua had a maximum of 'three fights left', but wants Fury to be next in 2025.And he even claimed the fight may never happen if they don't end up stepping in the ring in 2025.
Welcome to Billionaire Club Co LLC, your gateway to a brand-new social media experience! Sign up today and dive into over 10,000 fresh daily articles and videos curated just for your enjoyment. Enjoy the ad free experience, unlimited content interactions, and get that coveted blue check verification—all for just $1 a month!
Account Frozen
Your account is frozen. You can still view content but cannot interact with it.
Please go to your settings to update your account status.
Open Profile Settings