Palace gives update on King Charles after hospitalization for cancer treatment side effects

By Nika Shakhnazarova
King Charles has returned to public duties after he was hospitalized for temporary side effects from his ongoing cancer treatment.
On Tuesday, the monarch appeared in good spirits as he stepped out to attend an investiture ceremony held at Windsor Castle.
At the event, the king chatted with several inductees before awarding them either a knighthood or a Member of the Order of the British Empire title.
King Charles III of Britain smiling as he meets with young trainees at a Future Leaders Event in Belfast, Northern Ireland
4
King Charles has returned to public duties after he was hospitalized for temporary side effects from his ongoing cancer treatment.
POOL/AFP via Getty Images
The official engagement took place just days after he was rushed to the hospital after experiencing side effects from his cancer treatment at the London Clinic.
The 76-year-old monarch was back at his Clarence House residence by Thursday night. He did, however, cancel all of his royal engagements slated for the following day as he continued to rest.
Explore More
A recent picture of Roger Daltrey at 81 alongside a picture of The Who singer from when he was younger.
Legendary rocker reveals he's going deaf and blind
Meghan Trainor finally admits to using weight-loss drug after dramatic transformation
Bill Murray details ‘insane’ chore young Bruce Willis had on ‘SNL’ before big break — and discusses working with him on Wes Anderson movie
Bill Murray details ‘insane’ chore young Bruce Willis had on ‘SNL’ before big break — and working with him on Wes Anderson movie
The king then had to cancel a planned visit to Birmingham to focus on his recovery, with Buckingham Palace saying the cancelation was a “precautionary measure” taken on medical advice.
“His Majesty would like to send his apologies to all those who may be inconvenienced or disappointed as a result,” the palace said in a statement.
As he continues to make a gradual return to public-facing duties, the palace said he is scheduled to make up for the “unspecified appointments” he missed last week, BBC News reports.
King Charles III leaving Clarence House in a car after his first public appearance post-hospital admission for cancer treatment side effects
4
The official engagement took place just days after he was rushed to the hospital after experiencing side effects from his cancer treatment at the London Clinic.
Mirrorpix / MEGA
King Charles III in a brown coat shaking hands with members of the public during his official visit to Northern Ireland
4
The palace said Charles is scheduled to make up for the “unspecified appointments” he missed last week.
Getty Images
Charles — who revealed his cancer diagnosis in Feb. 2024 after undergoing surgery for an enlarged prostate — is expected to make an appearance at several events in the coming days, including state duties and private meetings.
He will also attend events celebrating the 50th anniversary of independence for Papua New Guinea, as well as a public engagement honoring an aviation charity event.
He is expected to conclude his week with his weekly audience with British Prime Minister Keir Starmer.
The only way to access Joel Sherman’s columns and full expert coverage.Try it free
Why the Yankees lineup’s kryptonite might be overrated
Why the next phase of the Yankees’ torpedo bat explosion will be so telling
Aaron Judge gave everyone a reminder in Yankees’ historic post-Juan Soto statement
Charles and his medical team are now drafting up a health-conscious schedule to ensure that he and Queen Camilla are able to go ahead with their visit to Italy next week.
King Charles and Queen Camilla during their official visit to Commercial Court in Belfast, Northern Ireland on March 19, 2025
4
The king and queen are gearing up for their trip to Italy next week, which coincides with their 20th anniversary.
via REUTERS
The duo were also set to visit Pope Francis at the Vatican, however they were forced to pump the brakes on their meeting with His Holiness following his lengthy hospitalization last month.
Charles and Camilla’s Italy trip will coincide with their 20th wedding anniversary, which falls on April 9.
Welcome to Billionaire Club Co LLC, your gateway to a brand-new social media experience! Sign up today and dive into over 10,000 fresh daily articles and videos curated just for your enjoyment. Enjoy the ad free experience, unlimited content interactions, and get that coveted blue check verification—all for just $1 a month!
Account Frozen
Your account is frozen. You can still view content but cannot interact with it.
Please go to your settings to update your account status.
Open Profile Settings